Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Quick Summer Capris

This morning these capris only existed as a couple yards of fabric and a pattern. We had a playdate at the park scheduled for 10:45, and I started at 8. After a solid two hours I had a new pair of comfy, cool summertime capris. I think I'd like them a little narrower on the leg, but I had a need for speed so I didn't spend too much time on alterations.

The fabric cost around $5, and I got the pattern for $1 - all on sale. I used an elastic from another item of clothing bound for the garbage. Excellent! This fits right into our rather tight budget. These days, who doesn't have a rather tight budget? I've heard the recession is over - um, until my house is worth at least what it was when we bought it 5 years ago we are in a recession as far as I am concerned.

What made this project so speedy is the use of a Serger. I love it, and it's not even mine! Some day I hope to own one, but until then, I am making great use of my mom's. Thanks mom!


Oh, and yes, that is the lower half of me. I promise sometime soon to post a picture of my whole self :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment