Monday, July 16, 2012

Lunch AND Dinner in one shot!

I mentioned in my "Get to know me" page that meals are the bane of my existence. And they are. I have to believe that I am not the only one haunted by what to have for the next meal. Am I? It seems as soon as I get into something, be it laundry or vacuuming or something less productive, I have to stop and try and decide what to make for the next meal. I know simple planning would solve all of this and believe me I've been trying. Just don't have a handle on it yet.

However, I DO have some help. I have a book written by a friend of mine, Tammy, that I refer to literally every other day at the minimum. She also has a blog, All Things Provident. It's fantastic. Check it out. While her emphasis is on using food storage, it is a PERFECT resource for someone like me who needs to know what I can make with what I have at home.

Today I made lunch and dinner before lunchtime! Seriously, I should do this everyday. These recipes can be found on Tammy's blog here and here.

Chicken Bistro Twist
First I whipped up some Soft Garlic Breadstick dough (I actually made 3 double batches today, whew!), and then spread a chicken salad like concoction down the middle.

Then with the kitchen shears I sliced 1-inch strips on the sides and folded them toward the center like a braid. So easy!

And here's where the true magic happens. They are only baked most of the way through. After they cool, one gets wrapped in plastic wrap and put in the freezer for another day. The other one gets wrapped in foil and plopped in the fridge until about 5, when I stick it in the oven until it is heated through and voila! Dinner! Cute dinner at that.

Here is my Lovely little helper waiting for her lunch. With one of the batches of breadstick dough I made it into Cheesy Breadsticks with tomato soup. Yum!

1 comment: