Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ruffle Skirt

 Okay, I am no photographer. In fact these pictures were taken on my phone because our regular point-and-shoot camera is MIA. I'm not sure the darlingness of this skirt really comes out in these mediocre pics, so you are going to have to take my word for it. 

With all the Spiderman and Ironman kiddos running through the house, I couldn't resist making this burst of femininity. I found this yarn calling my name on the the shelf at Hobby Lobby. There are a few different brands of this ruffly yarn. Frankly, I don't even remember what this one was called. I found the ~pattern~ online after doing a quick search. You may have seen scarves made from this yarn - also super cute.

I deviated from the pattern because I used yarn from my stash rather than buy more for the waistband and the knitting in between ruffles. I like the look of sport weight yarn a lot, but I bet the project would have been even quicker with thicker yarn. Oh well! I'm happy with the result. I couldn't wait to try it on my little chunk of a ballerina girl.



Top view. There are five layers of the ruffle yarn with 5 rows of knitting in between each layer with the sock yarn. The pattern specifically called for a yarn with elastic in it, which this sock yarn has. It seems to me that it would work without the elasticity as there is an elastic band in the waist. I plan on making another skirt but with 10 to 15 knitted rows in between the ruffle layers to spread them out more. I would also like to put this yarn on the edge of a half-sleeved sweater or something for me. I need ruffles too!




 The skirt in motion. Buglet had to pick her up in an attempt to keep her still. I plopped her on the couch, but the little princess couldn't see the TV with mom standing in front of her. I guess I can't blame her, SuperY is a great show :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment