Monday, September 10, 2012

Projects upon Projects . . .

There are so many ideas running through my head. Every time I get online I end up finding something else I want to make. Does anyone else have this problem? For instance, I just saw a pattern for a Darling hand bag. I've been needing a new purse for a while, so that is now on my list. I'd call it a bucket list, but that's not quite accurate. My understanding is that a bucket list is full of things to do before one dies, right? My list is full of things I wish I could do tomorrow.

Here is a small sample of the projects I get excited about in no particular order. I think about them, plan them, find examples online, watch tutorials, print off plans and patterns, and poco a poco I do them.


  1. Stained glass window panels. (I've only watched programs and tutorials but I bet I could do it if I had the equipment).
  2. Queen-sized quilted (not pieced) bedspread.
  3. Large, acrylic landscape painting. I have yet to decide on the actual scene, but I want it to look like it goes on and on into the distance. Any ideas?
  4. Cute table with chess-board top and storage drawer for chess pieces (I don't know how to play chess, this would be for my mom who is planning on carving the pieces as woodland animals. It's going to be pretty awesome).
  5. Crocheted, lace bedskirt. (I finally found a perfect pattern!! MyPicot.com Isn't it beautiful?)
  6. Irish crocheted cardigan (In the works right now - sort of).
  7. Miniature replica of my Dad's childhood home -"Driggs". I've got some great ideas for this one and am planning on completing this in time for Christmas.
  8. Bright crocheted flowers as luggage tags (oh yeah baby, I'm going on vacation in the relatively near future!!)
  9. "Rustic" nightstand. I think I just today found what I want from The Woodsmith Shop. But it's just a preview for their Season 6, so I'm going to have to wait for those plans. All their plans are free online. Awesome. 
  10. Replace my kitchen countertops and backsplash with tile! I've been to Home Depot (my second favorite store) many times just to look at the tile and dream.
  11. Plant a living fence of fruit trees. This will not happen while I live in my current home, so it's stuck in the dream category as well.
  12. Wool rug for my entry. (My cheapness is stopping me on this one. I rarely buy 100% wool yarn or fabric cause the acrylic and polyesters are so much cheaper! I'm on the lookout for an amazing sale.)
  13. Halloween silhouette scene for my front window. I'm thinking I'll make it out of felt so that I can roll it up and store it year after year. I've got orange lights to put behind it. It looks great in my head and hopefully it will make a great future post for you all to see before Halloween this year.
  14. Cleaning apron. I saw a pattern idea for this on a home organization website - can't remember the actual name - and I loved it! I always seem to either ruin what I'm wearing at home or I wear extremely sloppy clothes because I'm planning on cleaning something, OR I walk around the house with a handful of things to throw away because I know if I put them down they will never make it to the garbage can, however I have to put the object in my other hand away on the way, and in the process I see something else that needs to be put away, so I do that, still with one hand full of garbage. The solution is obviously a cleaning apron. The one I saw was made out of canvas and was only a half apron. I would make it come up a little higher and I would keep a lined pocket just for little pieces of garbage I might find.
  15. Books. Journal photo books to be exact. I blame my sister Bethany for introducing me to this art form as I had no idea prior to her showing me that it was even possible to make a real book just how you like it.

OK, I'll stop. But you get the idea, I'm overflowing with awesome things to make and do. 

You might notice that I didn't get to the part of the list that includes meal planning and other similar homemaker jobs. Those are in my head too, they just don't exactly qualify to be on the list of things that make me excited :-)

 Planning meals doesn't excite me at all UNLESS it is for a party. I believe in parties and celebrations. And by "believe" I mean in this instance that even though they may not be practical, they serve an important purpose. I also believe in decorations. I believe in hostess gifts. I believe in flower gardens. I believe in sparkles and ruffles and lace.  .   .  .  

All of a sudden I have the song "I Enjoy Being a Girl" in my head .  .  . 




No comments:

Post a Comment